Many areas of Southern Missouri are reeling from severe flooding after a weekend of heavy rain storms and tornadoes drenched the Midwest and Plains. These storms have likely caused not only devastating injuries and loss of life but also millions of dollars in property damages. In order to assist those residents who have experienced property damage from these storms, we have compiled some general information that we hope will be helpful during this very difficult time.
The following list includes relevant safety resources for Missouri residents affected by recent flooding:
- American Red Cross of Southern Missouri Locations, Volunteer Opportunities and Donations
- FDA Hurricanes and Floods: Key Tips for Consumers About Food and Water Safety
- FEMA’s Missouri News and Information
- Missouri.gov – Stop Flooding Deaths Safety Tips
- Missouri Department of Public Safety – Flood Safety Information
- Missouri Storm Aware – Storm Safety and Local Shelters
- The Weather Channel’s Missouri Flood Updates
The following list includes useful resources for Missouri policyholders who have sustained property damage as a result of recent flooding:
- Flood Insurance for Businesses – "Four Steps to Filing Flood Claims"
- Globe Midwest Adjusters International's Flood Insurance Podcast - "Understanding and Recovering From One of Nature’s Worst Disasters"
- Globe Midwest Adjusters International’s Missouri Flood Claims Assistance
- Insurance Information Institute’s NFIP Overview
- Missouri Department of Insurance
- Missouri Floodplain Management/Floodplain Insurance Programs
- National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP) – How to File A Flood Damage Claim
- United Policyholders Claims Help for Missouri